We are seeking a Sales Development Representative to help grow Training Orchestra’s sales pipeline for our innovative solution through outbound communications and handling incoming leads.
Your primary goal as a Sales Development Representative is to fill our pipeline with qualified leads for our Sales team. You will get experience in a fast-paced start-up environment where things are constantly evolving and where your voice really matters. We are looking for someone who understands our value proposition and can go out to market to properly and enthusiastically represent who we are and our exciting solution. By qualifying prospects and generating interest, you will be the first voice of Training Orchestra.
The ideal candidate will be a highly-motivated self-starter who is experienced in sales development with a proven track record of success.
- Manage and qualify inbound leads from events and demand generation activities and aggressively prospect on an outbound basis.
- Develop new relationships by way of phone, email, and social media and establish meetings with learning and development and technology decision-makers in companies that could benefit from our solution.
- Assess the prospect’s needs, qualify the prospect, and schedule demos and meetings for your Sales colleagues to begin their sales process.
- Help to close the deal by learning as much as you can about a potential client and sharing that information with the Sales team so they can leverage that information at prospective meetings.
- Work in tandem with Sales to research potential targets and identify key players and penetrate those targets by using creative strategies and tactics.
- Apply your organization skills by using our CRM system and marketing tools to manage your pipeline and maintain accurate information about suspects, prospects, and their companies.
- Work closely with Marketing to document and analyze the performance of various marketing channels and programs.
- Track and update all sales activities in CRM and marketing systems.
- Report up to Sales leadership and the CEO to receive regular direction and coaching points.
- Learn about the competitive landscape and adapt strategies based on various competitors.
- 2-3 years of work experience. Experience in the SaaS software, corporate training, human capital management (HCM) or information services company highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or a related discipline
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, presentation and organizational skills
- The ability to qualify leads and close deals over the phone
- Experience with LinkedIn and social selling techniques
- Experience with CRM and marketing automation systems a plus
- Proficient with Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and other software products
- Customer-oriented mindset, with an ability to deal and address objections
- The ability to multi-task and be a strong team player
- Energy, enthusiasm, and strong goal-orientation
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, demanding environment
Although we would appreciate some experience in the industry, we are looking most of all for candidates who are highly competent and willing to go the extra mile to help us succeed. If this describes you, don’t hesitate to apply. We are committed to providing a stimulating, supportive work environment where employees can give their best and further their careers.
Level: Individual contributor
Location: Office-based in NYC or Miami metro area, or other east coast area (remote). Visa sponsorship is not offered for this role. Some travel required for industry events and internal meetings (approximately 20%).